Advanced Telehealth Coordinator Certificate ProgramNotify Me When Available
Career Level:Experience and credential Required
The advanced telehealth coordinator certificate program offered by University of Delaware, provides current healthcare workers, including clinicians, health IT, and operations personnel, with the foundations of using technology to deliver healthcare from a distance.
In the midst of the pandemic, many healthcare providers have increased the number of services offered through telehealth. Offered in a completely online format, the program gives you the knowledge and skills you need to use telehealth applications within your healthcare organization and to prepare for telehealth's continued growth.
This 15-week fully online course provides a comprehensive program of instruction, exploration, discussion and practice. While examining the practical, technical, and business aspects of telehealth, you will also explore the creative aspects of using technology to deliver health care.
Telehealth holds exciting possibilities for addressing issues related to healthcare access in California, such as providing access to critical care in areas where there is a shortage of providers, as well as to underserved geographic locations. It also serves as an innovative way to meet the demands of an aging population, reduce the number of non-emergency visits to emergency rooms, prevent hospital re-admissions and bring care to the most appropriate setting.
The Advanced Telehealth Course has helped me gain an understanding of the origins of telehealth, as well the intricacies and details of coordinating a telehealth program. The knowledge that I now have about telehealth will be invaluable in developing a dental program in a care facility that we are in the process of planning.
- Eugene L. at La Clinica Vallejo Dental
Length of Study
The course begins by laying the foundation needed to understand the benefits and uses of telehealth, as well as the role of the telehealth coordinator. As the curriculum advances, you will dive into deeper concepts such as:
- Patient videoconference visits with medical practitioners.
- Virtual mental health and counseling appointments.
- Virtual access to specialists in rural and high-need areas.
- Remote patient monitoring programs.
- Personalized follow-up programs for patient treatment regimens.
- mHealth (mobile health), eICU (electronic intensive care unit) and more.
Experience and credential Required
Non-refundable registration fee: $100 per program
Monthly membership for education and training: $20/month (See details below)
Note: Select referral partners have special arrangements where this is waived.
Note: This membership is waived for SEIU-UHW members.
While the use of telehealth is new, more and more job opportunities will be available.
Hospital, Clinic, Home
Telehealth Coordinator, telehealth in clinical practice
Telehealth coordinators support clinical and non-clinical staff and ensure staff are meeting the quality care standards for patients.
To enroll in the Advanced Telehealth Coordinator Certificate Program, you must:
- Have 3+ years of experience in your current/recent health role to qualify. Example roles that can benefit from this upskilling include: Experienced LVNs or MAs, LVN leads or trainers, MA lead or trainers, counselors, social workers, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, respiratory therapists, optometry techs, pharmacy techs, dieticians/nutritionists, dental hygienist, IT department personnel supporting telehealth, operations department personnel supporting QI/QA, and other clinical roles with responsibility for coordinating or administering telehealth.
- Be 18 years of age or older.
- Have the ability to work in the U.S.
- Be a California resident.
- Be computer and internet proficient.
- Have home access to reliable high-speed internet.
- Have a working computer les than 7 years old.
- Be willing to commit approximately 3 hours per week of study time.
- Be willing to certify High School Diploma/GED and Healthcare credential.
Be referred by a California-based health center/clinic or a preferred partner with a registration code.